Saturday, April 18, 2009

Nagging Questions

As our pilot project winds done…there remains a few nagging questions…how often and for how long do students access the Contact North Rec 130 course outside of their regularly scheduled class times? Do they playback recorded classes? Do they access the course for review or studying purposes?

To my surprise…I discovered Centra actually has a feature that faithfully logs the frequency and duration each time a student accesses the Rec 130 course…the printout looks similar to a phone bill…which records start to finish times for all calls.

At my request, the good folks at Contact North agreed to send me printouts showing when and how often my students have accessed the Rec 130 course..impatiently, I awaited the arrival of these printouts so I could begin my scientific study.

Imagine my complete shock and total dismay when the very next day a fleet of transport trucks pulled up…each transport was loaded with bundles of printouts…ok, this may be a bit of an embellishment…nonetheless, my friends...the number of pages was considerably more than I had anticipated…enough for a small pocket-sized book.

Regretfully, I have not yet finished my calculations…it is taking so long the batteries in my calculator have twice expired…this may extend into a summer time project.

Truth is though…even a cursory review of the printouts provides conclusive evidence that students have been accessing…in impressive numbers…the Contact North Rec 130 course outside of their regularly scheduled class times…now, to tackle yet another even more important nagging question…when will the Maple Leafs win their next Stanley Cup?

No comments:

 

phospho soda