Thursday, March 12, 2009

Can Be in Two Places at The Same Time

Next Fri, March 20 a number of students will be participating in a program field trip to our nation’s capital...hopefully; they will find time to drop by Mr. Harper’s office to give advice on fixing Canada’s faltering economy.

But I digress…rather than cancel next Friday’s two-hour Rec 130 class…as is the normal practice when program groups attend off-campus activities…next Friday’s class will proceed as scheduled…with a smaller but no less dedicated number of in-class and e-class students.

Those students who will be away on the Ottawa field trip can simply PLAYBACK the class at a later convenient time.

The following Fri, March 27, I will be accompanying a different group of program students on a field trip…again to Ottawa…however; thanks to Contact North…there is no need to cancel my Fri Rec 130 class…

My plan is to record the Rec 130 class in advance…in the privacy of my office with no audience...my students can PLAYBACK the recorded session during their regular scheduled Fri class time...or later if they so choose…meanwhile; those students who will be with me on the field trip can also PLAYBACK the recorded class at their leisure...this will be our first Rec 130 class that will require everyone to use the PLAYBACK option...should be interesting.

A couple of students privy to my plan made the astute observation that…I guess you can be in two places at the same time…the marvels of e-learning technology...hey, everybody look...isn't that our professor over there..and over here?...scary eh?...a recreation professor with super powers...what next...the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup?

No comments:

 

phospho soda