Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Seventh Class - Wed Feb 25

Last class before the Rec 130 mid term test…so why not liven things up a little with Mr. Benny Goodman and the sounds of the Big Band era?

As my students collected for the start of yet another Rec 130 class, they were greeted with a Benny Goodman music video(downloaded from You Tube). While I am 100% confident Benny is not on any of my students’ I Pods…there was a whole lot of toe tapping going on before class.

Interesting quirk…later when I attempted to playback the recorded class...the Goodman music video kept playing over and over and over and over and over (like the song that never ends)…inexplicably, I simply could not exit, nor fast forward, nor skip over the Benny video…not sure what caused the problem...another question for the Contact North folks…meanwhile; any ideas how to get those Goodman tunes out of my mind?...too much Goodman can be a bad thing.

Today’s class was largely about helmet safety, helmet standards, and helmet design features…again I found the e-learning platform (Centra) remarkably helpful in accessing web sites and instructional videos. The ability to efficiently access, download, and share web-based content is a feature of e-learning that in my humble opinion greatly enhances learning and assists teaching.

Mid Term test is Fri Feb 27…following week is March Break…no classes.

Next Rec 130 class is Wed Mar 11...plenty of time to forget Benny and all that jazz.

No comments:

 

phospho soda